The day hospice is open on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 10am – 3pm. Up to 15 patients can attend per day. The Day Hospice offers an active day with professional supervision– a break from routine for the patients and respite for their full-time carers. In a calm, quiet atmosphere patents can relax, share their problems, seek reassurance or simply enjoy one another’s company.
There is also access various therapies:
- including complementary therapies such as aromatherapy, massage
- physiotherapy to improve mobility
- occupational therapy to maintain and promote independence
Review by our Doctors will be arranged, as necessary.
Our volunteer drivers can pick you up from home and bring you in, then take you home later, perhaps allowing your spouse or carer to get on with other activities, whilst you are in a friendly, entertaining and caring environment.
The day hospice is run by:
- Day hospice leader: Susan Turner
- Assistant: Sandra Gibbons